- Problem solver, fast learner, fetish for accuracy and correctness, technology agnostic
Software Developer, OpenLogic Software – 2010-Present
I started as an intern contracted to do a custom Wordpress theme for a marketing site. While working on that, I taught myself Ruby and Rails since that’s what they were using. I impressed the team enough to get hired full time as a Rails developer. Then I worked my way up to the Tech Lead position, leading the small team of developers through the day-to-day design decisions and architectural directions.
I worked on multiple Rails apps from gigantic (legacy) to small (
rails new) and single purpose, from rails v2.3 through rails 4.0
- Ruby on Rails application development
- Cloud technology development using AWS/EC2, Rackspace, Chef, Fog, etc.
- NoSQL integration with multiple MySQL rails apps (Hadoop & HBase, Solr, Redis)
Front end designer/developer (Intern), TrigPoint Solutions – 10/2009-2/2010
- Designed user interfaces with photoshop
- Wrote custom reusable jQuery plugins for interface elements
Lead Artist, Coccinella Development – 2004-2009
Coccinella was an independent game development company of 3 people. I was the artist.
I did 3D artwork, user interface design, and UI coding in the Torque Game Engine’s proprietary scripting language called TorqueScript (a c-like language, with functions and curly braces, etc.).
- Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, Georgia – B.F.A. Computer Arts, 2003